Wednesday, March 23, 2016

7 kids.
Yes you read that right. I have 7 children.
6 boys, and 1 girl.
Most people ask me if I'm going to start a basketball team, or a baseball team.....to which i usually laugh, because not a single one of my kids are into sports.  We tried T-ball years ago, and my boys sat in the dirt and made sand castles instead of playing with the rest of the team.
My girl is a princess. Some days she wishes she had a sister, and other days she's happy to have her pink frilly skirts all to herself. At one point she really thought she was the only girl in the whole world. (Well, to be fair, she was the only girl in HER world.)

Anyway, here's an introduction for the children:

DSCN9893
"Mr. Responsible" 
My oldest is my most reliable, most responsible child. He is always helpful with the younger kids and eager to help out around the neighborhood. This winter, he made it his mission to "be the hands and feet of Jesus" to our neighbors by going around town shoveling out driveways for free. Even though he never asked for money he ended up making some which made him excited to get his first job in a few years.  He is only 11 but sometimes he seems older than that.
He's often thinking of ways to help out his little brother "Kabuki."
Currently he has grown taller than me and reminds me often that in just two years I will be mom to a teenager! Seriously, how did that happen so fast? Where did my tiny guy go? 
No matter how big he gets though when I look at him I still see my little "Honeybee." My very first baby that I learned and grew with, the child that first made me "Mom." When he was born I held him in my arms and announced, "If all my kids could be as amazing as this tiny guy than I want to have a BUNCH of them!" ---and that's just what we did.

Mr. Responsible also enjoys video games, cats, toy planes, cats, fishing, cats, playing outside, cats, and did I mention cats?


DSCN9411



"Ninja"

My second oldest wanted his nickname to be "Ninja" because basically he thinks he is one. He loves to break-dance (and he's pretty good at it) He's my most hyper kid, always moving, always doing something. He likes to prank the other kids and tell jokes. Basically he likes to be the center of attention.

"Ninja" is growing pretty fast. He just turned 10 in the fall. ("Double digits Mom, I'm Double digits!!") He likes to remind me how "old" I'm getting. (like 32 is really that old??) 

He is also a very helpful child, except when it comes to homework. He would rather do ANYTHING but read. He loves to draw. Most of the time if he's not bouncing off the walls he's in his room drawing or building legos.



DSCN9420

"Hedgehog"

My snuggler, my  third child. He's called "Hedgehog" because he is obsessed with Sonic the Hedgehog and has been pretty much since he could talk. 

Hedgehog loves to read. He's the easiest kid to homeschool because he LOVES to do his homework. He's the kid that's up early in the morning and often finishes his lessons for the day before I've even finished making breakfast. He's also several grade levels ahead of where he would be in a public school. He's very proud of the fact that he skipped second grade when he was only 6 1/2. he's now 8 and somewhere between 4th and 5th grade. 

Hedgehog loves to cuddle the younger ones, and he's "besties" with Squishy. 



tealc


"Kabuki Warrior"

My fourth son is a warrior. He was born with many genetic issues due to changes in his DNA. Just after he turned 7 we learned that he has Kabuki Syndrome, a very rare, non-inherited disorder. it's named Kabuki after the large eyelashes that Japanese Kabuki actors wear. It's such a cute name, and when ever we say it he smiles big so we've taken to calling him our Kabuki Warrior.
Kabuki has had many many medical issues, he doesn't say more than a few words, eats with a feeding tube, can't walk (but he does crawl) has seizures and a bad immune system making him ill most of his life. He has had to go thru surgeries (with more coming up soon) and faced many many set backs.....
but he's the happiest most joyful kid you'd ever meet. Just being around him makes people feel blessed and happy. Kabuki loves everyone. He will give even the newest stranger a big bear hug.

Our Kabuki Warrior is a fighter.


DSCN9895

"Taters"
Taters is my 5th child, 5 years old. He asked me to make his nickname "Six pack of Taters" because of a silly little song I used to sing him when he was a baby.

He's in that stage where he's not really ready to be a "big kid" but he's not really a baby anymore either. He's grown up alot in the past year, and he's learning how to read!
He's got a very commanding presence and loves to be the center of attention. He even took center stage the night he was born (in our van....in someone's driveway....at 4 in the morning....in winter...)

A few days ago he informed me that he is actually a robot. Right now he believes that with all his heart. He runs up to me every few minutes and shouts "MOM, you are my VIP!! And I am your Very Important Robot!"

I love 5. It's such a wonderful age.


DSCN9887

"Princess"
Our only girl, age 3. She's the pinkest of pink, all the time. She's also my mini-me, looks exactly like Mommy when Mommy was her age.
She loves her My Little Ponies, pink frilly dresses, fluffy skirts, hair bows, earrings and all things "girly"

After having so many boys I was in shock when the doctor told us she was a girl. Having her has been such a different journey than the boys, and I love them ALL so much....there's just something wonderful about having a girl. FINALLY someone feminine in the house other than me! an excuse to buy all things pink! LOL.

Princess loves playing with her brothers, and often tries to carry around Squishy even though he's almost the same size as she is. Most of the time when someone new talks to her the first thing she talks about is our trip to Yellowstone last year. (or as she says "Lellowstone" )
She also loves to dance, and her favroite song is still  "Gangnam Style."


DSCN9531

"Squishy"

I'm not really sure when I started calling him "Squishy" somewhere in the first few weeks after he was born.  Right now he's 17 months old and I think he thinks that "Squishy" is his real name sometimes.
He's adorable. He loves music especially the silly songs by Internetainers Rhett and Link. Seriously, we've listened to "Rub some Bacon on it" nearly 100 times a day for the past month....but it's just to cute watching him dance his heart out each and every time.


DSCN9622
"Dad-Man"
My hubby, the most wonderful amazing man I have ever known. My prince charming, and the father of all my children. He's my other half, I would be lost with out him.
"Dad-Man" and I were married at a young age, he was 20 I was 19. We always wanted a large family and we are so happy with the blessings God has given us.

Dad-man has an amazing job, and he gets to work from his home office so he's around for all of the kid stuff too!

Every day I look in his eyes and fall more and more in love with him. To the kids, he's a super hero, and to me he's my everything.

me


"Sonya"

Then there's me, the only "real" name I'm using in my blog.
I'm a homemaker, homeschooing, Christian mom of 7 crazy wonderful kids married to the man of my dreams. Life is good.

Every day I thank God for each moment I get to spend with my family.

My goal in life is to raise my family in a happy, loving home to grow in the Lord each day. My greatest hope is that they will all follow Jesus all of their days and look back on their childhood as the best time of their lives.


until next time,

Sonya

No comments:

Post a Comment