Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!
although, we did our Christmas celebration early.
When Rob was home sick for a week we decided to do Christmas than, and also because the day after Christmas we start moving into a hotel for a few days while our floor is repaired.
our traditions are a little diffrent from most I guess, for one thing we didn't put up a tree. We don't have space in our tiny house for a tree so this year we made one out of paper and taped it to the wall. Last year we decorated a wreath.
I'm not a grinch, we just don't have room.
The kids were very excited to open their presents. We don't do "santa clause"  but instead we celebrate Jesus. We tell the kids that we give presents on Jesus's birthday because Jesus gave us the ultimate present by coming to earth to die for us. We try to make that very clear to the kids that the reason for Christmas is Jesus, not presents.
This year we were blessed by the salvation army and also by a wonderful local church that decided to bless the kids. They had heard about all the things we've been thru this year and wanted to help out.

so in the end of it all the kids were so very excited to open so many presents. (and Me and Rob felt very blessed too watching them open their gifts.)

Although, we were pretty disappointed with Ronan's response to what we thought was the best gift....we had bought him a Spock costume (he LOVES startrek) but when he saw it he tossed it asside, then cried because it wasn't Spider-man. I need to work with him on learning greatfullness.

Teal'c had the best response. He loved the paper mostly, and didn't open his own presents but his whole body was in full happy-dance mode.



here's our year end letter:

Lillis Family year in review
Merry Christmas, everyone! It’s nearly the end of the year so it’s time for me to write up our year-end letter. Here’s a snapshot of our lives this year:
Rob
Rob is ever the hard worker. He has worked his tail off this year, working both full time at Wilderness Family Naturals and part time for PureDriven. Rob decided to take on college as well. He started school in the fall and so far has a B+ average. I’m so very proud of him! He’s so dedicated and always looking for ways to support our family. We don’t get to see him as much as we’d like but we do cherish every moment when Daddy is home.
Rob is always strong and helpful, he has been such a wonderful help with the kids…especially with Teal’c. Many of you know that Rob caught the baby when he was born. (Bretac surprised us by being born in the car after a very short one-hour labor.) Rob fell ill in the beginning of December and was hospitalized for 3 days. Coming so close to losing my best friend was the scariest thing I have ever been thru. Rob is doing much better now Thank God!
Dyllan
This year Dyllan turned six. I just can’t believe my baby is six! He has been perfecting his skills of reading and riding his bike without training wheels. He’s been such a big helper for me and Rob. Dyllan has grown so very tall I think he’s going to pass me up in a few more years.
Dyllan is doing great in school. (yes we homeschool) this year we went back over the reading program because he was having trouble reading, but he continued on with math and is now doing first/second grade math. He’s adding and subtracting three-digit numbers! Dyllan’s reading has much improved and he’s beginning to read independently.
Dyllan says “next year I will be seven and I will ride my scooter!”
Robert jr.
Robby turned five this year, and as always he’s my most rambunctious child. He likes to climb on everything. Seriously this guy has all the energy! I wish I had half his energy. Lol. (I so much remember my parents saying the same thing to me…) Robby is always such a good helper with Teal’c. he often will help out with Teal’c’s therapies and exercises.
Robby loves to sing and often makes up songs. His favorite song (that he made up) goes “Mommy is a pretty girl, Mommy is a pretty girl….” He often tells me he wants to move far away when he grows up. Lol. Most of the time Robby’s favorite activity is playing games with his brothers on the Wii. We started Kindergarden with Robby but he wasn’t ready so we decided he could wait another year. In the mean time he reviews preschool activities.
Ronan
Ronan turned three this year. (*sigh* he’s not a baby anymore…) Ronan has gotten tall, he’s almost the same height as Robby! Ronan loves to snuggle with me, and now with the baby too. He was so fascinated watching my belly grow when little brother was still in there.
Ronan loves superheroes. He’s almost always in costume as Spider-Man, Superman, Ironman or one of the many other superheroes he adores. We’ve finally convinced him that is name really isn’t Ronie-Man and now he won’t even allow me to call him Peanut or Pumpkin because as he puts it “God calls me Ronan!”
Ronan loves doing his flashcards and preschool activites, but most of all he loves dancing and playing games on the Wii with his brothers.
Teal’c
Teal’c turned two this year. Tears of joy abounded on his birthday, a date we were not certain he would make it to. Teal’c has by far had the busiest year of any of us. He was hospitalized several times in the beginning of the year for his puking. The puking caused pneumonia that lead us to surgery….Teal’c had a Nissin Fundoplication and Hernia Repair surgery in July. Since then he still continues to battle with sickness almost on a daily basis but his body cannot vomit so the junk stays out of his lungs and Teal’c stays out of the hospital.
Teal’c has had many many tests and we still don’t really know what is going on with his little body. We start growth hormone therapy as soon as the insurance approves it, hopefully that will help.
Teal’c has the most amazing personality. For someone who goes thru so much to always be joyful and sweet really changes everyone who meets him. Teal’c has improved a lot physically and socially this year. At the beginning of the year he could hardly hold up his head, and now he’s rolling around on the floor and using a baby walker.
Teal’c truly is one of the strongest people I’ve ever known. He fights with all his might and never lets the struggle get him down. He’s always happy and joyful, laughing and smiling in spite of pain and illness. Teal’c inspires me. The bigger boys have rallied around Teal’c loving him so completely. They are very protective of him and very understanding when Mommy has to be away to take him to the hospital or doctors appointments.
Teal’c has a webpage where we keep his health status updated. We don’t get out much anymore as we are trying to protect his fragile immune system from getting overloaded, so the interaction with other people on his webpage are invaluable.
Bretac
Bretac spent most of this year growing in my belly. His life began sometime in early February and the entire time the kids, Rob, and I really enjoyed watching him grow and move in my tummy. Bretac liked being in my belly so much he was the first of our children to stay in past his due date! But just when we were wondering if he was ever going to come out, Bretac surprised everyone by being born in the car! My labor began at about 3:30 am and he was born at 4:34 am in the car, at 2699 Castle Danger, just across the street from the Castle Danger sign. Rob delivered him, or that is Rob caught him as Bretac came speeding out in the middle seat of our van. Rob was amazing! He had it more undercontroll than the cop, first responder and ambulance crew!
Rob spent 2 days cleaning out the van…and then flooded the house when he left the house for 8 hours forgetting to turn the water off…it was quite a week!
Bretac is growing fast. It’s such a blessing to have a healthy baby. (and once you’ve had one that’s not healthy you really learn how wonderful it really is when they are healthy!) Bretac was 6 lbs 4 oz at birth and now just 6 weeks later he’s a whopping 11 pounds! His favorite thing to do is eat.
Bretac loves to be with his big brothers, and they are all such wonderful helpers and snugglers! They often argue over who gets to hold him first. Even Teal’c gets in on it. (although Teal’c can’t actually hold him…he lays on the floor or the couch next to Bretac)
Me
I spend most of my time tending to the children, whether it’s feeding the baby, changing a diaper, doing tTeal’c’s exercises or homeschooling the big kids I’m one busy mama.
During the summer we walk all over town, enjoying the weather and during the winter we snuggle up in the house playing video games and doing homework.
Oh, it’s been a busy year but I can’t complain. We have been truly blessed and I’ve learned many life lessons this year. I’ve come to be grateful for every single moment I have with my family. With all the close calls we’ve had with Rob and Teal’c I’ve learned how fragile life really is.
God has truly blessed our family. Oh  I don’t get out much, I don’t get “me” time a whole lot but you know what, I wouldn’t change it for anything. I’m right where I need to be. I’m happy as a homemaker, mom and wife. Right now I have the best job in the world.

Merry Christmas everyone, and have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment